Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Performing Arts field trips.

The boys had an oportunity to see G.F. Handel's oratorio Solomon last week. They had an educational evening complete with free pizza and face time with the counter-tenor Daniel Taylor and other performers. The kids loved it and learned lots. I only wish I had been able to attend.

They also attended a play last month, The Forbidden Phoenix, which is loosely based on Chinese Immigrants brought to Canada in the 1800's to work on the railroad. The kids said it was 'interesting'. Oh well, they can't love everything.

I am hoping to take them all to Little Red Riding Hood next week, I love living in the city and being able to take advantage of so many performing arts opportunities. I wish I had known earlier that the Moscow Ballet was performing Sleeping Beauty tonight, that would have been a dream come true to me. Maybe Girly and I will have another chance to see it one day.

No comments: